Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thing 8

Is it true to make life "really simple" with RSS & news reader? My answer is "no".

Followed the program, I created a free online Bloglines account and subscribed 10 news feeds. Information is overloaded!!! I used "favorites" to record my favourite sites. It was much easy.

I understand "RSS and newsreaders" might be good for some professional or companies but not for me. I still prefer "as simple as possible".

Anyway, I found that the notes on ACL learning 2.0 was not easy to follow and very confusion.

http://www.bloglines.com/public/ma.fatduck@gmail.com

Took an hour, I still could not link my bloglines account.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's easy to set up, but really hard to make the profile public and get a url to your account. I've ticked you off for it but try the following:

On the home page - this should be the main page that comes up when you log into bloglines - under 'Publish Share and Save' click on 'Share your blogroll'. If you have made your blogroll public the url can be found on this page.

If you haven't, the page tells you to click on 'profile' to allow sharing. Go to profile and select 'blog settings'. Under 'Show My Blogroll' select 'yes, publish my blogroll' and save changes. The site should then show you your public url.

Let me know if you have any more problems - I definitely do not find bloglines user friendly and there are heaps of people who haven't been able to post a public link yet.